Israel has an orphan crisis.
HaTikva Families equips YOU to address it.
Adopt. Foster. Host. Support.
Everyone can do something.
We believe that caring for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) is a mandate for the global Body of Messiah and one of the purest expressions of the Gospel. HaTikva Families equips families to respond to the OVC crisis in Israel through adoption and foster care and encourages the Israeli Body of Messiah to take a leading role in this effort. Hatikva Families is a department of Hatikva Project.
Children in Israel Today
- 1 out of every 6 children is considered at-risk, resulting in 367,000 at-risk children in the country.
- Over 10,000 children have been removed from their homes by the Ministry of Welfare - only 25% are in foster care, the other 75% are housed in institutions.
- 20,400 OVC live in government institutions; over 1,000 of these children are orphans.
- Approximately 300 newborn babies are abandoned in hospitals every year.
- Couples wait an average of 5 years to adopt a child, and only 120 successful adoptions occur each year.
Meet the Team
Say hello to the HaTikva Families team! We are a dynamic team of professionals from diverse backgrounds in the areas of public health, social work, and more, who are dedicated to melding our talents for the betterment of orphans and vulnerable children in Israel.
What We Believe
We believe in the sanctity and protection of human life from conception.
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” Ps. 139:13-16
“This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.” Deut. 30:19-20
We believe we are commanded to care for the orphan and vulnerable child.
“Defend the weak and the fatherless…” Ps. 82:3
“Take up the cause of the fatherless…” Is. 1:17
“And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.” Matt. 18:5
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress…” James 1:27
We believe that every child deserves a permanent and loving family.
“God sets the lonely in families…” Ps. 68:6
We believe that we have been adopted as sons and daughters of God our Father and redeemed of our sins through his son, Yeshua the Messiah.
“For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Yeshua the Messiah, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.” Eph. 1:4-6
“But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship. Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” Gal. 4:4-6
“Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me.” Ps. 27:10